SIPS are the Cornerstone of Green Home Building
Thermocore has proven to be the smart green option for commercial or home building projects across the United States. At Thermocore we help businesses and homeowners reduce their environmental fingerprint by helping them reduce energy consumption. We also help reduce the needless waste that occurs at some building sites.
Green building is not only a mindset at Thermocore but it is built into every process we have and we are constantly looking for ways to help ensure a greener environment for future generations.
- Thermocore holds the highest Energy Star rating.
- Our panels have been used in multiple LEED certified projects.
- Thermocore provided panels for the construction of the most energy efficient home ever tested by the South Rural Electric Company.
Go Easy On Mother Nature With Less Energy Consumption
- According to the EPA, fossil fuel emissions from stationary sources such as electricity generation represent more than 50% of greenhouse gas emissions.
- High demand for oil, coal, and natural gas leads to environmentally intrusive mining practices of non-renewable energy sources.
- Thermocore builds the most energy efficient home available.
- Superior insulation ensures minimal energy consumption with no effect on your lifestyle.
- An effortless way to reduce pollution and conserve resources…all while saving money!
What makes Thermocore Structural Insulated Panels a sustainable product? It starts with the raw materials. Thermocore’s non-toxic polyurethane foam sits between a skin of oriented strand boards (OSB), which come from sustainable, fast-growing trees. SIPs in general consume just half the lumber of stick framing, removing the wood that sparks fires and leaving the rest of the trees in the forest.
Thermocore’s sustainable story continues through production with a virtually waste-free manufacturing process. But the biggest benefit of Thermocore SIPs in sustainable home building is the energy efficiency. Because the stud-less, insulated panels hold the temperature no matter what the outside conditions, you’ll consume significantly less energy. In addition, the airtight barrier provided by Thermocore Structural Insulated Panels keeps out toxins and improves indoor air quality.
Thermocore Structural Insulated Panels complete their sustainable life cycle with their longevity. Using the same construction principles found in steel I-beams, Thermocore SIPs are two to three times stronger than today’s stick-built walls. That’s a sustainable product built to last!
Interested in LEED, ENERGY STAR, or NAHB Green certification? Join the growing numbers using Thermocore Structural Insulated Panels in sustainable home and commercial building. Just want to help the earth a little and save yourself a ton of money? Thermocore Structural Insulated Panels accomplish that, too.
- U.S. Green Building Council
- National Association of Home Builders Green Building Certification
- ENERGY STAR
Waste Free Construction
Thermocore works hard to consume as few natural resources as possible. At the factory, Thermocore builds Structural Insulated Panels specifically for your design, utilizing CNC machining to ensure your SIPs meet your precise specifications. To further minimize waste, the polyurethane foam core is sprayed inside the OSB skin after it’s cut so that any leftover OSB can be recycled into the next SIPs order.
At the construction site, Thermocore’s custom-made SIPs eliminate the need for wasteful trimming and tweaking. Thermocore has installed entire homes without the need for an on-site dumpster!
Custom Building Means Less Waste
- Panels are built specifically for your design, precisely manufactured, utilizing CNC machining to ensure they meet exact specifications and minimize waste in the factory.
- Pre-engineered, custom-built panels produce little to no waste during construction.
- Thermocore has installed entire homes without the need for an on-site dumpster!
- Thermocore panels have unparalleled R-Value per inch.
Green Tax Credits
In addition to the ongoing energy savings you enjoy when you build with Thermocore Structural Insulated Panels, you’ll put even more money in your pockets through tax credits and incentives. In technical terms, homeowners are eligible for federal tax credits for building energy-efficient homes that achieve 50% energy savings over the 2003 International Energy Conservation Code, including 2004 supplements. According to the program, at least 1/5 of the energy savings must come from the building envelope’s improved level of insulation and air sealing.
What does that mean? The shell counts. When you use Thermocore Structural Insulated Panels, you shut out drafts and energy-robbers by putting the most effective, stud-less insulation into your building envelope. Because your home demands less energy, building with Thermocore SIPs is the ideal way to meet the standards and save money on your federal taxes. Plus, homes built with Thermocore insulated wall and roof panels don’t need a blower door test to meet the improvement standard. Cost-effective, rewarding, and simpler. What more could you ask?
Don’t forget that Thermocore Structural Insulated Panels also help your home earn an ENERGY STAR rating, which can qualify you for an energy-efficient mortgage program through the federal government. Just one more way to keep the green in your wallet while keeping the earth the same color.
For more information on energy tax credits and energy-efficient mortgages, please visit the following web sites:
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency
- ENERGY STAR Visual Inspection Form (to qualify for credits without a blower door test)
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages